Monday, April 28, 2008

Look at your own risk...






We took Tye in for his check-up today. They cut off his soft cast immediately after checking in. Since the waiting room was full, I was ecstatic, until they said, ok, now wait in the waiting room until they call for x-rays. That was about 30-45 minutes later. He had to wait in the waiting room, with those pins sticking out of his arm...I really thought I was going to faint, especially when he wouldn't sit down, and he ran into the chair. (Yes, after that, he did not even try to get off my lap, guess that hurt pretty bad). The x-rays looked great, but it was time for a hard cast. He will wear this until next Wednesday, when they will take this one off, take out the pins, and most likely hard cast it for a little longer. He doesn't seem to mind it at all, but Michael, Kenadie and I will probably be bruised up by the time this is all over.


5 comments:

Meg Barry said...

Wow! That looks pretty intense, poor Tye, and poor you! My youngest brother Sam spent a large part of growing up with either a cast or a cage on his leg...and it became a weapon every time!

Amy said...

Ouch!...Brings back memories. I hope that Tye doesn't give any of you a black eye with that cast! We can't wait to see y'all in a couple of weeks!

S. Gibson said...

UGH! Oh my you are a brave mama. I felt a little queezy looking at those pins. I love his bright read cast. That is definitely going to leave a mark on you guys!

Katie said...

I can only imagine the bruises you guys are going to get. lol. What troopers you guys are!

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh that is so sad! Those really were the pins coming out of his arm!!! Poor baby! Poor Mommy! I don't know how you got through that.