Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cooking

I have never been really good at cooking. For some reason, I decided to cook 3 meals in the last 2 days! I started yesterday by putting some red beans in the crock pot, and we had red beans and rice for supper. This morning, I made scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and cinnamon toast. For supper this evening, I got crazy! I made homemade corn tortillas and layered them with taco meat and blended beans, salsa, tomatoes and cheese. It actually came out really good. Michael is really the cook in our family, so I don't have much confidence when it comes to cooking. He can whip up a gourmet meal, and I can't fix macaroni out of a box. I have to say, though, that he actually complimented the meal this evening, and ate quite a bit of it! Now, I think I may try to cook more often!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, that sounds really good! I try not to cook too often because I don't want to spoil Chris. :)

Aunt Kim said...

LOL....you sound like me. Uncle Tom is a MUCH better cook than I am, and I'll admit that anytime!!! I'm glad that Michael enjoyed it....

Katie said...

WOW! That sounds amazing. I'm sure you're a wonderful cook too! When are we ALL coming down for dinner? LOL

Amy said...

That sounds yummy, Alisa! Coult likes to come up with his own recipes and he really likes to bake. In fact, he finds baking to be relaxing and I don't think of it as that way at all. I don't think there is anything relaxing about cooking and I certainly don't make up my own recipes. I'm glad we both have husbands who enjoy cooking!

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

Go Alisa! It can be fun to cook, I must agree...it does get a little difficult with cooking and child raising haha, but it can be a fun hobby:)