Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Boys will be boys...




We have our first broken bone. Sunday evening, Tye was running around at Grandma's house, and was climbing over the edge of the couch when he fell off. It swelled quite a bit, and he would not move it. We had a friend x-ray it that evening to stay away from the ridiculous ER, and we could not see any obvious breaks. Tuesday comes around and it is not getting any better, so I make an appointment with an orthopedic. We went this morning, and learned it is in fact broken, and the humerus has shifted, so it has to be put back into place in outpatient surgery tomorrow. He will also have 2 temporary pins. Here are some before pictures (which do not really show how big it is) and we will post some post-surgery tomorrow!

Thank you to all who have been so concerned and are helping out in every way possible!

3 comments:

Walker family said...

I actually can see the swelling in your pictures. Before I read I thought his arm look a little puffy. Poor Baby Tye, he looks in a good mood and not in a ton a pain. I hope surgery goes well and he heals quickly.

The Torres Family said...

Ouch! Alisa, I know you're probably on this more than Michael is, but I was great friends with Michael (& Tonya) when we were in Austin in high school. I found you through Allison Hepworth's blog and was amazed to see this! My name is Allison (Turley) Torres and I just wanted to say hi and your kiddos are adorable! I still can't believe I found your blog! Hope all is well and hello to Michael!! You can see our family blog at:
torresjoyfulnoise.blogspot.com
I hope this doesn't scare you by me "finding" you, but I hoped to get back in touch with Michael and Tonya. Anyways, you have a beautiful family! Take care!

Amy said...

We love you Tye and we hope you feel better soon! We'll be calling to check on you!