Friday, April 18, 2008

Trooper

Tye had his surgery and he was such a trooper. When they wheeled him back, he held my hand until they said I couldn't go any further, and he didn't even turn back! It made me sad, but at least he wasn't screaming for me, which would have been much harder. Recovery afterwards was challenging, but we made it! I hope this next month will fly by and he will be back to himself in no time!

Tye and Mommy waiting ever-so-patiently at 6:30 am for the surgery to start (at 8:30 am). That was very early!
Aunt Laurie sent a fun bag for Tye at the hospital. It was full of stickers, stamps, and coloring books! It helped pass the time!
Tye and Daddy patiently awaiting surgery...
And, of course, Aunt Laurie would not have missed being there for her little Tye!
I finally got Tye to try on the surgery cap! He looked so cute with it on, so I had to take a picture. All in all, it went pretty well. Tye had a hard time with the IV and his cast while we were still in the hospital. They finally had to take out his IV because he was trying to rip it out. Thankfully, a little while later, he was able to drink some juice and he never got nauseated (which they would have need the IV for). Thanks to Laurie and Aunt Shirley for coming up there with us. Thank you to Grandma for keeping Kenadie the night before and all day! (Not that I am sure she minded one bit!)


2 comments:

Mary said...

What a courageous little boy! And he look so cute in the hospital gear.

Amy said...

I'm glad that your surgery went well, Tye. I wish we could be there to give you a big hug! We love you!