Thursday, September 4, 2008

Politics

Some of you may remember while the primaries were going on, I opted to steer clear of posting my political views. I think I made 1 or 2 posts about it. Until a few days ago, I planned on doing my civic duty and voting, but I would not be happy about it. I would grudgingly vote for McCain, as he is the lesser of 2 evils. All that change when he appointed Sarah Palin as his pick for VP. I plan on becoming an active supporter of the Republican ticket, and will periodically say so here. I may also email some of you from time to time. We are in a crisis in our country. We need change. I am not ready to have increased taxes, morals thrown out the window, and I am certainly not ready for MORE government.

6 comments:

S. Gibson said...

I am so with you! I LOVED the speech he gave at the republican convention. Excellent. It shed a whole new light for me on McCain and I agree, Palin was a wonderful choice. I hope they win, and I will be voting for them.

Amy said...

I'm with you! I wasn't over excited about McCain before, but I'm changing my mind now. I especially love how Palin is handling the whole "pregnant teenage daughter" issue. It's ridiculous to me how people judge her by the actions of her children, but no one seems to be paying attention to the behavior, or lack thereof, of their own teenagers! I think she will be a breath of fresh air for Washington.

Katie said...

I'm so with you as well Alisa. Thank you for the email too. :)
I think no matter who's in office, we're in trouble, but McCain is the better of the two evils. HAHA. I LOVED Palin's speech! I was so blown aways. Personally I think she'd be a president than the two who are running. With that said, I'd now vote for McCain having Palin as VP.

Amen to what you said Amy! The people judging her are the same one's who don't take responsibility for their own children. I think Palin is doing a great job with this as well. At least she's being honest and open about, unlike some political figures who hide it and lie until it comes out. That's another thing I admire about her.

I think she's got a lot of people excited about politics right now.

Rondi said...

I agree with all of you also. McCain might not be the best choice, but with Palin as a VP this country will be in better hands. She stands for the true calling of motherhood and she stands for morality, the sanctity of life; basically she stands for everything this country needs. Let's hope that November brings us good news. We need everybody to get out there and vote.

Thereasa said...

I agree also! McCain is far from perfect ... but, I've always liked the guy a lot. McCain/Palin have my vote! :)

Bingham Bunch said...

I think he (McCain) definitely is brave....we are all for it though, Bart graduated from Law School at the University of Idaho (which is also where Palin graduated from). It's nice to have an alumni from there in the spotlight who seems to have the goal to do the right thing. Let's hope for all our sakes some good things will come about!