Saturday, September 27, 2008

We found a house!!!



We found a house this weekend and I am very excited! It is in Leander, about 2 minutes from a brand new Super HEB, a brand new Kohl's, about 10 minutes from a brand new Target shopping center, about 2 minutes walking to a great park and pool!!! We are submitting the app this weekend, so as soon as it is approved, it will be ours (well, to rent, that is!) I am really excited about being back in the Austin area. I miss it, a lot. Mary, it looks like we may be here for about 2 weeks before the election...that could get exciting! I still have not had a chance to go to my parents to upload my pics of the hurricane, but I will do it as soon as I get a chance. I also have video of just as it was becoming daylight, and you can see (many hours after it started) how strong the wind still was.
Tonight Michael and I will celebrate our 5th wedding aniversary (yesterday) at PFChangs and then we have pawned off our kids for the night, so we can stay at a hotel. I have the kids right now while he is at the Texas game...poor Michael, huh??
Hope everyone else affected by Ike is starting to get things back together. It is a slow process.

***Fellow "FEMA people"***I am hearing that if you receive any paperwork from FEMA, fill it ALL out, even if it is for a loan and you do not want one. Apparently, if you don't you may not receive any assistance, or as much as you could have. It takes a few minutes, but supposedly, it could be really worth it for you.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi, cool house! What neighborhood are you in? Sorry I didn't call, apparently Jess told me I was suppose to. After the fact, Boys! ;) Can't wait to have you here!

Bingham Bunch said...

Beautiful! That is a great area to be up by.....Bart was helping to develop that area (Leander around all the train stations) when we were in Austin. I'm so happy for you and we will be praying for a speedy and successful transition for y'all!

Katie said...

Congratulations! The Kohl's opens tomorrow and they sent out $10 gift cards in the mail. What neighborhood are you guys in? I'm glad MIchael was able to go to the game-they had great seats.

Holli said...

What a cute house! It looks nice and roomy.