Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurricane Ike...saga continues...

I am so ready to go home. Thank goodness for Natalie right now. She has been sick for the last several days, but after a trip to the doctor yesterday, she is feeling much better. She is keeping Tye and Kenadie entertained this morning. We have no vehicle to go anywhere and they are about to go crazy...as am I. I borrowed Amy's car yesterday to run to Walgreens while the kids were sleeping, but I could not stay out too long because she had to pick up Lily from school. I am looking into renting a car, but it looks like car rentals are in high demand right now, so deals and vehicles are hard to find. Oh well. I think Amy is taking Nat to the mall later to get her hair cut, but there is not room for us to go, so we will sit here some more. Maybe they will nap while they are gone. It is getting warmer outside, so playing at the park is hard, too.

We will go home as soon as the electricity comes back on. I will rent a car for that, so that Michael does not have to take off work to come get us. I am hoping it is soon. We sincerely appreciate the hospitality from Amy and her family, but poor Lily and Nat are having to sleep in Amy and Coult's room, so I am sure no one is sleeping so well.

We are looking at houses in Austin to rent. We found a perfect one, but the lady wants a little too much for it, so our search continues. We are trying to get something around Jess and Mary, so that she and I can hang out, but they are expensive, too. I think we will end up in Leander, that seems to be where most of the nice, big houses are that are in our price range. I don't care as long as it is not in the path of a hurricane.

I will post pics as soon as I get back home. I uploaded them all to my parent's house so that they could have them for insurance.

I hope all those affected by this hurricane will have things back to "normal" as soon as possible!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hope you guys can get home soon. I know you're wanting to be really close to Walkers so you guys can get together often, but there's a lot of house in Block House Creek for sale and rent. It's been a hot spot lately and the homes are well priced. The neighorhood has older homes as well as new homes with a wide range of square footage. Our house value is going up as wel because of all they're building around here.