Ok, now it is 2:46 am and Tye and I tried to sleep...with no luck. The wind is even worse, if that is even possible. We have 2 windows that could literally blow any minute, and it is extremely eerie hearing the whistling and blowing of the wind THROUGH the windows. I don't think I have ever experienced anything like this in my life...nor do I ever want to again. Michael is laying down with Tye now, so hopefully he will go to sleep. I don't think I will be able to. I am afraid to think of what is going on at our house next door. It has been through several hurricanes and a tornado, but it has had to be redone several of those times, so we will see. The reporter on TV just said that Ike made landfall, but it is far from over...gee, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. We have 5 cars parked out front, and I really hope they are going to be ok. My brother took my mom's SUV, so we were able to put our car in the garage, and I am very thankful for that. We could have damage inside the house, so that is one less thing we would have to worry about. Kenadie is still sleeping soundly. She is actually in a closet (large, with a vent) that is between a lot of attic space and the room, so I guess she is in a good spot to not hear the noise. We just heard that downtown Galveston is under 6 feet of water. What is really sad, is that 40% of the residents would not evacuate, so they very well may be dead. Tragic. Well, that is all for now, I am going to try to rest as much as I can.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Alisa! I can't believe you are still there! Holy cow! Well y'all are in my prayers because the worst of it is yet to come with the southeast eye wall passing through. My goodness, stay safe!
Hi Alisa! Funny thing, I was posting about the hurricane at the same time you were early this morning. Steven and I thought about calling y'all since we weren't asleep either. But we were afraid y'all might actually be sleeping and we'd wake you up. I spoke with mom and she told me about all the leaks and everything. I wish we could be there to help. We're still getting wind and rain here, but it's not gusting past 45 mph yet, so we're hoping that we might miss the worst of it. Just know that as soon as y'all can get out, you're all welcome to come hang out with us until the power is restored. We love y'all and are praying for your continued safety.
Alisa...just want you to know that ya'll were in my heart, thoughts and prayers. I told your Mom that I was having "Bittersweet moments"....THANKFUL that Uncle Tom and I are not in TEXAS, but really wanting to be there with family and friends. Give all our LOVE!!!!!!
Post a Comment