Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My new toy!




Well, our $50 vacuum finally died...5 years later. We got really good use out of a super cheap vacuum, but this time around, we wanted something that was really good. I did a ton of research, for hours, and got so frustrated with consumer comments, ratings, prices etc. My mom and my mother-in-law each have an Oreck. Michael suggested that I look into them, but I was hesitant because of the price. Well, come to find out, there was not many negative comments about Oreck, and both our moms love theirs. So, we went to the Oreck store, and I made the guy tell me why I should buy an Oreck (minus the BS, because I told him we had both been in sales). Well, we decided on this one, and I am really excited about it! It works great, and they donated $50 to the Susan Komen foundation! Michael isn't really keen on the pink, but I figure I am investing in my future health.


3 comments:

S. Gibson said...

We have an Oreck and we love it! Ours isn't pink though, I wish it were. So cute. It weighs like 8 pounds and I actually like vacuuming with it and I am all about buying things that make me enjoy my chores.

Amy said...

Cool vacuum! We really need to get another one soon. Ours is around 6 yrs old and has been repaired several times. I'm hoping it will last until we get rid of all the new carpet fuzz and then I'm seriously considering an Oreck myself. Coult will be relieved, because I usually insist on not spending much money on a vacuum (or any household chore item). LOL

Katie said...

I love that they have a pink ribbon one. I highly recommend the Orek vacuum! Mine just died and it's lasted years! we don't have the money for a new Oreck, so I settled on something cheaper for now and it's not the same.