Friday, July 25, 2008

Kenadie walking!

Kenadie is finally walking more than crawling! She started walking a little more several days ago, but would crawl if she fell. In the last day or 2, she has started getting back up and walking. This is a huge relief for me, because now I can take them outside without her crawling all in the grass and on the concrete. It would make my knees hurt to watch her. I think she actually beat Tye, though, because I think he was about 15 months and she is 14 months. The down side?? Now I have both of them to chase all over the place. She is already going pretty fast! I am getting braver taking them both out in public, now, and I think if I know that she can walk if I need her to, that will help even more. I have taken them out a couple of times in the last few days, and they have both done really well. I bought something for Tye one of the times, because he was just "so-darn-good!" I didn't after that, because I don't want to start him thinking he will get something every time he goes somewhere. Although, the other day at Target, Michael bought him a bag of beef jerkey, and it happened to be after he had thrown a fit. That was not at all the reason he got it (we don't play the bribe game...that just turns to more bribes!...), but, nevertheless, that is how Tye remembers it. I know this because a beef jerkey 18-wheeler passed us on the road, and Tye said, "Daddy gave me that!" I said, "yes, he did. Why did daddy give you that?" His response, "I crying." So, I shared that with Michael, and we tried to explain that was not why he got it, but that is not how he remembers it!! We had to laugh! Also in that conversation, we discussed why he got the scooby doo ball from the store. I told him it was because he was a good boy. His response, "no, mommy, I a bad boy." I am still trying to convince him it is "cooler" to be a good boy than a bad boy, but he insists he is a bad boy! So cute!

6 comments:

S. Gibson said...

I wish I was better at NOT playing the bribe game. We don't really do it at stores but I am like the queen of bribing my kids at home to get them to be good. Probably not the best habit. I'm out of ideas though.

Stephanie said...

haha...Uh oh

Mary said...

He is so adorable. Bribery is so dang tough because it is so easy and gets the desired result. But your right you hate to start it and feel the long term effects. It reminds me that we've got to be smarter than our toddlers when it comes to getting them to behave. They are so smart!!

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear that Kenadie has decided that walking is more practical than crawling. I love that story about Tye and the beef jerky! Don't you just love it when kids get something into their heads and there's no way to convince them otherwise?! He'll figure it out, though. We're going to come visit in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see y'all!

Aunt Kim said...

Way to go Kenadie......I agree with Amy...that is such a cute story about Tye. I just told Uncle Tom and he laughed....and also said ....way to go Kenadie....Miss ya'll bunches.

Toni said...

your little ones are sooo cute!

Thanks for stopping by my place and commenting!