Monday, June 30, 2008

...and Michael said I wasn't fast enough...

We had a really big lightning storm tonight, and I really wanted to try and get some pictures of it. So, some very quick online research, several mosquito bites, and almost 200 shots later, I have at least one cool one. It is hard on the blog post to see it, but there is a really cool lightning bolt at the bottom. Michael told me I was not fast enough to catch one of those...I think I proved him wrong!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Maren said...

That's one of the coolest pictures ever!!! Way to prove him wrong!! haha

Erin said...

Wow! I, myself, had ambitions of getting some lightening shots...however, it appears that I am MUCH slower than you...I didn't get even one!

Aunt Kim said...

That was cool!!!!!!! Give the kids a great big hug for me.

Walker family said...

Very cool, Alisa. I can't take pictures at night they never ever come out, so I just don't even try anymore. What kind of settings do you use for nighttime?

Alisa said...

Mary---Picasa!

Well, I can show you the setting, but I did cheat and lighten it with Picasa!

Katie said...

That's a sweet picture Alisa! It's suppose to be pretty hard to get a lighting strike on film too. That's amazing!!

S. Gibson said...

Wow that's really neat! I agree with everyone, it is hard to get a shot of lightning and a good night shot, you did both. I'm impressed.

Thereasa said...

that's the neatest picture! btw, i started a blogger site.

Stephanie said...

Cool! I love it! I haven't seen sky like that in a long time.