We went to the orthopedic yesterday morning, and were pleasantly surprised when he said that he would not have to recast Tye's arm. They took the cast off right when we got there, then they took x-rays, and then we waited and waited and waited in the waiting room (I guess they really live up to their names). Tye was not in a happy mood, and he started crying and throwing a fit. We finally went back to the room to wait for the doctor...and waited...and waited... I even opened the door at one point so that everyone could hear how upset he was, hoping it would move things along. Not so much. The doctor did eventually come in, looked at the x-rays, said they looked great, and that he would take out the pins, and that would be it! At this point, I am relieved we did not have to do the whole cast thing again, but Tye was already in a horrible mood, and the doctor had to take out those pins. Nice. So, I sat him on the bed, and the doctor pulled out the first one. I did not look, and I even made a gasping sound when he pulled it out (not helping the situation at all!) He goes after the 2nd, and that one did not want to come out...so Tye screamed, and cried, and screamed and cried. I almost lost it! I felt so bad for him at this point, that I did not care how much noise he made, he was in pain! He actually only cried for a few more minutes, and we were able to leave. Traumatic for both of us! But, now it is off, and we are having so much fun outside with his new pet turtle! I'll post pictures of "Mr. Turtle" soon!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so glad that he got to take his cast off! It sounds like it was a fun experience ;). At least he can play in the water now. I love Kenadie's hair. It's so thick and dark!
The picture of you w/ the kids is SO cute!!
Oh my gosh, every one of these blogs about the cast is making me cringe and feel so bad for yall! Oh man, I'm so glad you're all done with that!
Post a Comment