Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Remembering Ike...May we NEVER see him again...

As I was watching the news today about the California fires, my mind went back to a couple of months ago and the devastation that Ike caused. While most of the world moves on, there are still so many that are trying to put their lives back together. Here are a couple of videos that I found of that night. One you can really hear the wind...and that was SEVERAL hours into it, and the other is the living room...and the 2 week old couches.

May we keep all victims of these disasters in our thoughts and prayers. As my family learned from the tornado, life does get back to "normal," but it takes time, and there are tears and frustrations along the way. To all those affected, please hang in there. The sun will shine again, and this will one day be a distant memory that only made you stronger.







1 comment:

Walker family said...

How are your parents and their house? I just heard the other day that some Ike evacuees are still displaced and are still camping. So sad.