Well, we survived Edouard. I remember growing up with hurricanes, but apparently they never really hit us that bad, because this was just a Tropical Storm and it was pretty scary. There was a lot of very strong wind and some rain. Our lights went out early this morning, and came on about 7 pm. Thank goodness for Mom and Dad's generator next door, because that was able to power their house and we stayed over there. One thing I remember about growing up is running around during the eye of the storm (the calm-ish part). This one had some spots in it where the kids could get out and play with the wind pretty strong, but not so bad it would knock limbs down on them. We had some toys fly around...and our blow-up pool that Grandpa walked all the way through the field to get...and some limbs down, but no major damage. I think that I have decided that I will be evacuating if a hurricane comes our way, because this was half the strength of a category 1, and I was a bit nervous! Enjoy the pics and the video!! I have another video that I like better, but I filmed it vertically, and I have to figure out how to turn it!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Tropical Storm Edouard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
it was so much fun with tye and kenadie. i was actually suprised how much fun kenadie had...i thought she would be scared.
I remember running around outside during the eye of the hurricanes too! Tye looks so cute with his "cape" flying in the wind! I love the look on Kenadie's face! She was certainly not scared, huh? Anytime y'all want to evacuate up here, you're welcome to come! We would love to have all of you up here with us. We got some much needed rain from Edouard, but not much wind. I couldn't even complain when Lily and I got soaked leaving her OT appt this afternoon. We really needed that rain!
Go Super Tye!!
And Kenadie walking, you got it, keep going.
FINALLY....I got to see Kenadie walk!!!!!! I'm glad that ya'll didn't get alot of damage.....
Tye looks so cute with his cape!!
That sounds scary! I hadn't even heard anything about the storms. Well, you know that you could evacuate to California! :) (Although we just had a 5.8 earthquake :)) I'm glad that there was no damage and it looks like the kids had fun pretending to be superhero's in the wind. It almost looked like they could take off flying.
Post a Comment