I have been pretty frustrated with this whole bailout thing. I mean, seriously, what the heck are they doing in Washington?? I wish I could just print up $700 billion whenever I wanted to. I could not believe when the House passed it so quickly, and Bush was pretty much chomping at the bit to sign it. I was sitting back trying to figure out why so many people changed their vote from Monday to today. I came across this from Glenn Beck, and I think he is right. I really think they were backed into a corner and had to do something.
So where I am now is what you're being told about this bailout is that this is a bailout and it's going to help everybody. Now we can stop it. No, we're not. What we're doing is we're allowing it to burn without burning everything to the ground. We are trying to save whatever we can so we have something that we can hold onto. That's what's happening. If the fire burns out of control, it burns everything down. It burns mom and pop grocery store and it burns General Motors and it burns General Electric, it burns all of it down to the ground because there's just, the money is just not there. Nobody everybody's in panic mode and what they're trying to do is bring it down as softly as they can, but this is not going to be a soft landing.
I actually heard a reporter today say what I have been saying all along. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS AND THEIR FINANCES. I mean, really, if you are making $10/hr, I don't care how many ways you calculate it, you are not going to be able to afford a $500,000 home...why do so many people think they can?? When you charge on a credit card, guess what...YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BILL!!! Why is it that I now have to pay for your stupidity??
This bailout sucks, but I hope maybe it will keep everything from "burning to the ground" as Glenn puts it.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Why I like Glenn Beck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I, too, love Glenn Beck. I have been watching him for years. YOu know his conversion story has come out in church book stores. I bet it is a great read, like his others. He has a good view point in the Bailout, but I am with you, it is maddening and frustrating.
I also love Glenn Beck! That guy knows what he's talking about ... i'm telling you, he really does!
This bailout will come back and slap the economy in the face ... it's kind of like a society/people in desire of a king ... that would be okay ... "IF" ... all the kings following would be fair and loyal to the citizens in his kingdom.
So ... now ... what if ... you know all those what if's? :)
I love listening to Glenn Beck too! And I agree that this whole bail-out thing stinks! It's only going to back-fire and hurt us all!
Post a Comment