The last time I checked, we live in the United States of America, where we are all able to think the way we want. Unfortunately, during what I thought was a healthy "debate" on another blog I was called ignorant for stating my views. That is a little too far for me. I have made it clear what I feel, and I will keep politics off my blog and others.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You are NOT ignorant! Keep your opinion going ... don't EVER let anyone stop you!
Remember I come from a family of democrats and republicans ... you can only imagine what i've been told about the evils of the democrats! LOL Oh, and the evils of republicans! LOL And some how ... even in the while of all the evil ... everyone still loves one another! Now ... that's America! Opinions and all ...
By the way ... political discussions are never boring! Quite interesting needless to say!
You don't sound ignorant to me. What is ignorant is to call someone ignorant simply because they don't see things your way. You seem very informed and I wish more moms took the time to study it out like you have.
I agree with everyone else. Ignorance is when someone is un-informed and/or calls other people ignorant just because their opinion is different. Don't let those type of people keep you from expressing your own political beliefs. If you do, then they have gotten exactly what they wanted.
I'm sorry you were offended. NO one has the right to call another person ignorant over their political beliefs and of all people, you. Aren't political views based on personal perspective anyway? It's sad when someone thinks that all others views are ignorant besides their own, and I agree with everyone else, keep on expressing what you believe to be true. It's YOUR voice, and it's definitely informed.
Alisa, I am really sorry all this happened and that I had any part in it. Don't let this keep you from expressing yourself politically or other wise.
Oh, sweetie, don't let them bother you. Someone told me just the other day that I had been "blinded by my beliefs" and that I am "close minded" and that I am "offensive". The best thing about it is that this person has never met me - and also that he posted it on a internationally recognized website where I can't remove it.
People can think whatever they want. It doesn't have to affect you. Your opinions are exactly that - yours and an opinion - and if people don't like it, they don't have to read it or listen to it.
Perhaps they should read President Eyring's talk from this past Sunday.
Post a Comment